Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Heat Wave in Boston -- First Trip to Walden Pond

This week, Boston is having a heat wave: Sat., Sun., Mon., and Tues. temperatures were in the 90s. We survived the weekend (even played some baseball), but Monday afternoon, the kids and I drove out of town and made the first trip this season to Walden Pond where we swam and sat lakeside for 4 hours before heading back to the city, which by then had cooled off enough to be tolerable.

It was one of our best trips to Walden Pond in a long time -- just me and my own kids ... no extra friends or neighbors. The kids were happy to be cool and wet, they played together, and they each built a sand castle, which they destroyed before leaving. I didn't have the camera with me, so I only have photos that I took with my phone; if I ever figure out to download those photos, I can post them.

We survived yesterday afternoon with a trip the local library, where we enjoyed the a/c.

Today, thankfully, the weather has turned a cool, pleasant 80-something.

No comments: